WARNING

NOT EVERYTHING THAT

CALLS ITSELF ORTHODOX IS

TRULY ORTHODOX


The above warning was given to me when I first met Orthodoxy in 1986. Today [2009] it is even more perilous, even more difficult to find the Royal Path. For one thing there is a far greater abundance of misinformation. And many materials are missing, and other materials are being rapidly rewritten. For another thing there are fewer than ever guides remaining on the Royal Path, especially who speak English. Hopefully this website will be a place where Newcomers to the Faith can keep at least one foot on solid ground, while they are "exploring."


blog owner: Joanna Higginbotham

joannahigginbotham@runbox.com

jurisdiction: ROCA under Vladyka Agafangel

who did not submit to the RocorMP union in 2007

DISCLAIMER



January 25, 2022

Fr. Seraphim awakens a soul in Arizona

.

Orthodox Word

   Inbox 
Add star 

S   D      

<          @     .com>
Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 9:08 PM
To: joannahigginbotham
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Delete | Show original

Blessed greetings,

My name is S   D  .  I am a new comer and layperson to the Eastern Orthodox faith.  After 60+ years of trying to figure out why this life is SO confusing and mixed up and backward, I was prompted to read an article written by Fr. Seraphim Rose.  The breathtaking simplicity and clarity struck me a blow.  I purchased and am currently reading Father Seraphim Rose, His Life and Works.  It is slow reading for me, not due to it's length nor complexity, rather the profound revelations I encounter every three to four pages.  The Father's words are of such nature I HAVE to stop frequently and ponder the enlightenment he's providing.  It's moved me to reflect, to feel again...at times moving me to tears!  I am in awe and want to learn ever more...I want a path of salvation and his words are the very first I've heard in my entire life that have carried true spiritual meaning for my soul.  I have no where close to worship, the closest is over 4 hours away.  Nevertheless I WILL make a trip and attend services over a weekend soon.  In the interim I continue my education.  I have ordered several other book by Father Seraphim Rose as well as spending a segment of my evenings reading what material I can find on the Internet.  I came upon your name and address in my search to try and locate some of Father Seraphim Rose's Orthodox Word publications, and found the Remnant ROCOR website.  Mention is made to contact you to request access to the early back issues of Orthodox Word.  Is there an avenue, one as neophyte as myself, where I might be able to read these valuable issues???

Thank you for any considerations of my request and most importantly, thank you for having saved and documented them. That God spoke through Father Seraphim Rose is most extraordinary and truly a gift to this world.

May God bless you sir, and those working with you.

Best regards
S   D
Williams, AZ

To do good when all is wrong, is the right way, always.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated. Anonymous comments are unlikely to be posted. Comments can be made by email.
joannahigginbotham@runbox.com